The Downtown Diner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blow Ups

+3
pauloftherash
The Promoter
SoulCatcher
7 posters

Go down

The Blow Ups Empty The Blow Ups

Post  SoulCatcher Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi,

I just thought I'd pop in here and give a plug to my favourite band who are appearing at DTD on the 20th Jan.

'The Blow Ups' are a SW London punk band who are starting to get a lot of attention around the London area.

They were joined in October by lead guitarist Marc Weber and since then have been steadily gathering momentum in the quality of their live performances.

Their last show, a 45 minute set at The Borderline in London was fantastic and hopefully the show in Sunday will be even better as they seem to be improving with every gig.

I'll be there as usual to shoot a few hundred photos of their set so if anyone needs a few cool live shots of theirs just let the band know and they'll give me the nod.

You can check out some of my stuff on the band's Myspace page under 'pics' - www.myspace.com/TheBlowups

You can also hear a pre-production demo of a new track called 'So What's The Matter?' on there as well.
It rocks big!

Many thanks to the webmaster of DTD for including this on the DTD Myspace page as well.

See you all Sunday

SoulCatcher.

SoulCatcher

Back to top Go down

The Blow Ups Empty Re: The Blow Ups

Post  The Promoter Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:19 am

Hi and welcome. looking forward to Sunday. I really like the new demo So What's The Matter and have added it to the Diner's myspace player for all to hear. cheers
The Promoter
The Promoter

http://www.myspace.com/downtowndinerashford

Back to top Go down

The Blow Ups Empty hi

Post  pauloftherash Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 am

wowaweewa... this band cdertainly look cool... can't hear them though due to the web police at work banning me from myspace! got like this giant padlock on my screen and words to the effect of 'naughty naughty, you know you're not allowed to use the internet for your own private ventures'... ... Confounded buggerations!
pauloftherash
pauloftherash

http://www.myspace.com/therashmusic

Back to top Go down

Post  SoulCatcher Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:18 am

The song on the myspace page is aces and has a lot more energy than the songs that were on that page previously which were recorded a while ago now.

It *is* still a pre-production demo though and I happen to know that the stuff the band is currently recording is way ahead of this in terms of production quality and out and out amazingness.

The band live are exceptional.
Althought the band has been around for a while now it's been noted by some significant observers that the latest incarnation is so much more accomplished than The Blowups from a couple of years ago it's remakable. Since then Marc (lead guitar ) and Cem (drums) have been recruited and are both grads of ACM and MI and bring a whole new level of professionalism to the proceedings.

Offstage the band are a great bunch and very down to earth as well so if want to chat about anything and find out what they're up to then don't be shy to go and speak to any of them afterwards.

If you can make in on Sunday then please do as I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
There are plenty of other acts to watch as well of course!

Failing that if you're in the London area next week the band have another couple of gigs and also of course in Brighton where they're playing with 'Sennah' and 'Your Army', another couple of stand-out performers.

SoulCatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  SoulCatcher Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:11 am

pauloftherash wrote:wowaweewa... this band cdertainly look cool... can't hear them though due to the web police at work banning me from myspace! got like this giant padlock on my screen and words to the effect of 'naughty naughty, you know you're not allowed to use the internet for your own private ventures'... ... Confounded buggerations!

Just been checking out the myspace pages of the bands who are playing on Sunday.

You win!

I love that cheeky chappy quintessentially British sound you've got.

Can't wait to see you do it live!

Break a leg!
Very Happy

SoulCatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  R!OT Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:55 am

Just listened to your Demo on Myspace...it's super cool What a Face
R!OT
R!OT

http://www.myspace.com/zacky182

Back to top Go down

The Blow Ups Empty o

Post  InWithTheOutCrowd Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 am

agreed Very Happy
InWithTheOutCrowd
InWithTheOutCrowd

http://www.myspace.com/shutupandsmilepromotions

Back to top Go down

The Blow Ups Empty ears

Post  pauloftherash Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:10 am

my ears just listened to the blow ups.... and i have to say... femmes know how to do it in an altogether sleazier way than fellas don't they.... very stylish indeed Very Happy oh and to soulcatcher... thankee very much... look forward to rewarding you earholes... Very Happy
pauloftherash
pauloftherash

Back to top Go down

Post  SoulCatcher Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:55 pm

pauloftherash wrote:my ears just listened to the blow ups.... and i have to say... femmes know how to do it in an altogether sleazier way than fellas don't they.... very stylish indeed Very Happy oh and to soulcatcher... thankee very much... look forward to rewarding you earholes... Very Happy

As a bloke I think I'm predisposed to preferring female leads as in general I find blokes pretty boring to watch.
Present company excepted of course. Laughing

As a guitarist (bedroom variety) I'm always amazed at people who can sing and play simultaneously and Kel does that rather well.

SoulCatcher

Back to top Go down

The Blow Ups Empty woowoo

Post  pauloftherash Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:58 pm

i quite agree... i do backing vocals whilst playing the guitar... 'tis tres difficult indeed..... but it does seem to be the only way i can sing... just give me a mic and no guitar and i will sound all strange.... unless it is a slow song... i have a good slow voice.... women in general are better at singing and playing at the same time methinks Smile
pauloftherash
pauloftherash

Back to top Go down

Post  SoulCatcher Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:58 am

pauloftherash wrote:i quite agree... i do backing vocals whilst playing the guitar... 'tis tres difficult indeed..... but it does seem to be the only way i can sing... just give me a mic and no guitar and i will sound all strange.... unless it is a slow song... i have a good slow voice.... women in general are better at singing and playing at the same time methinks Smile

Yeah it's that whole 'multi-tasking' thing in general. Very Happy

SoulCatcher

Back to top Go down

The Blow Ups Empty yar

Post  pauloftherash Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:25 am

'tis to do with the structure of the brain... i was telling this to sue the other day... men have completely seperated hemispheres of the brain and women have a bridge section that links the two hemispheres, located not far above the forehead.... it helps them to function on a variety of things simultaneously... where men tend to do one thing at a time but do it thoroughly, even when it does not need to be thorough...
pauloftherash
pauloftherash

Back to top Go down

The Blow Ups Empty whoo

Post  moose.eats.monkeys Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:24 pm

the blow ups are awesome
saw them at the last diner gig
great to see a decent female singer
along with a great band Very Happy
xsadsx
moose.eats.monkeys
moose.eats.monkeys

http://www.myspace.com/kungfu_fighting_milk

Back to top Go down

The Blow Ups Empty absolutely

Post  pauloftherash Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:19 am

yay... they are well cool Twisted Evil
pauloftherash
pauloftherash

Back to top Go down

Post  SoulCatcher Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:34 am

They are indeed the complete package; excellently catchy songs, great musicianship and a singer who looks and sounds brilliant.

The only thing that's really not there right now is the promotional materials but these are all being worked on.

They have what is arguably the most comprehensive online photo archive (a selection of which can be viewed on my site www.soulcatcher.biz ) of any comparable band but in terms of audio/video web presence they're still not quite there.

A good quality collection of live footage on YouTube would be something fairly easy to put into action but it seems that most of the people who've videoed any of the gigs I've seen have gone into hiding. It might just be me but I think if someone records a band for free they should at least offer to make the footage publically available. It's just a bit rude otherwise.

Recording-wise I'm under the impression that their next track which is bound for myspace (www.myspace.com/theblowups) is a real corker and one that is a staple of their live set. The production quality is shaping up to mash the already excellent 'So What's The Matter'. Hopefully it won't be too long before this one appears. In the other direction I'm really looking forward to the first *live* performance of 'So What's The Matter'. Maybe this'll be at the next Diner gig?

SoulCatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  The Promoter Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:55 am

I have just messaged Kel a gig offer, one that could do a real lot for the band I think....I will wait patiently to see her slant on the offer bounce bounce
The Promoter
The Promoter

http://www.myspace.com/downtowndinerashford

Back to top Go down

Post  info@theblowups.com Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:52 pm

well ya didnt havve to wait long for our reply dijya!

CONFIRMED!!!

see you on the 13th april (and around here until then.. unless of course any of you catch our upcoming shows, see myspace for details!!!)
info@theblowups.com
info@theblowups.com

http://www.myspace.com/theblowups

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down